TGKVF’s long-term goal is to be a community full of strong, innovative, and effective individuals and groups who work to create shared visions, cross-cultural relationships, and the capacity to foster positive change.
Over the next few years, we believe the Foundation can help make the biggest strides toward this long-term goal by investing our funds and leadership toward accomplishing the following medium-term objectives. To this end, TGKVF will work to:
- Increased equality, diversity, and/or inclusiveness throughout our communities
- Expanded access to early childhood and youth programs that prepare children, especially those from marginalized communities, for a lifetime of civic engagement
- Increased civic participation, community service, public dialogue, and/or voting
To accomplish these objectives, TGKVF seeks to invest in collaborative efforts that help grow the following forms of wealth and meet the associated indicators of success.
Individual Wealth: Skills, Health, Confidence, & Income
TGKVF will measure the growth in individual wealth using the following indicators of success:
- Increased leadership skills, confidence, and capacities in youth
Intellectual Wealth: Community Wide Access to Knowledge, Innovation, & Technology
TGKVF will measure the growth in intellectual wealth using the following indicators of success:
- Growth in the number, capacity, or reach of proven leadership programs targeted at early childhood and youth
- An increase in the capacity and reach of programs that develop, promote, and support adult leaders from underrepresented groups
- A rise in the number of programs that foster grassroots leadership, promote community service, and/or encourage neighborhood engagement
Social Wealth: Trust, Relationships, & Mutual Support
TGKVF will measure the growth in social wealth using the following indicators of success:
- An increase in the number of young people who volunteer
- Greater diversity (economic, racial, gender, and cultural) in nonprofit, public, and private leadership positions
Political Wealth: Influence & Voice
TGKVF will measure the growth in political wealth using the following indicators of success:
- Higher voter turnout among 18 to 35 year-olds
- An increase in the number of public forums that allow community members to identify and address issues of public interest and/or concerns.