The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation
- The Foundation was created in 1962 by and for the people of the Greater Kanawha Valley area. This area encompasses the following six county region: Kanawha, Putnam, Boone, Clay, Lincoln and Fayette. The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation is the largest Community Foundation in the State of West Virginia and celebrated its 50th year anniversary in 2012.
- The Foundation is here to help individuals, families, businesses and nonprofits improve the lives within the community now and for generations to come. We assist donors in creating charitable funds, each with their own philanthropic purpose, and provide grants to nonprofits that meet the needs of the community.
- The Mission of The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation based on input from the community it serves, is to make thoughtful and proactive investments that grow the multiple forms of wealth necessary for our community to thrive.
- These forms of wealth include the individual, intellectual, social, political, natural, built, and financial assets within our community.
- The Vision of The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation is a forward-thinking and closely connected community that fearlessly works together to promote the prosperity of all.
WATCH OUR LATEST VIDEO