Jane Powell talks with Major Jayne May, Area Commander of the Salvation Army. They discuss the holiday season’s Angel Tree and Red Kettles. Major Jayne also shares the year round Salvation Army programs that serve our region.
About tgkvfThis author has not yet filled in any details.
So far tgkvf has created 309 blog entries.
Jane Powell has a conversation with Mike Bell, Executive Director, Davis Health System Foundation and Board President, Charitable Gift Planners of WV about the importance of having a will and other ways of leaving a legacy. They discuss Will Week and helpful planning resources that are available.
- Trade or Vocational School
- Financial Need: Yes
- Renewable: Yes
- Specific preferences:
(1) Priority given to graduating senior from Man High School.
(2) Second priority given to graduating senior from Logan High School. Third priority given to graduating seniors from Mingo and Wyoming counties.
(3) Student must have a GPA of 2.5 – 3.25
(4) Intended field of study: Science, Engineering, Math, Medical, Accounting, Computer Science, Information Technology or any certifiable trades or skills that require schooling, including but not limited to the following: Machinist, Welding, Mechanic, Electrician, Plumbing, Truck Driver, HVAC, Refrigeration.(Program must be ran by an educational institution).
(5) Priority given to students with a parent or caregiver who works (or worked) in the coal mining industry
(6) Scholarship recipient may renew for one additional year; student must maintain a 2.5 GPA to be considered for a renewal application.
2021: Average grant amount $1,000; New Scholarship
Jane Powell has a conversation with Annalee Posey, Regional Coordinator for Appalachia Service Project (ASP). They discuss the work ASP is doing to enhance the lives of families throughout the region, including the Charleston area.