Issue Date: September 20
Send to Stephanie Hyre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Throughout the months of October, November, and December 2022, The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation (TGKVF) is reprising its nonprofit and community-based capacity building series, Building Bridges Leadership Institute (BBLI). As a part of this year’s program, a cohort of 20-25 emerging nonprofits and projects will receive $5,000 in mini-grant funding as well as a range of technical assistance and consulting services. Technical assistance and consulting may include a variety of topics that are commonly requested by emerging nonprofit organizations. To learn more about BBLI, visit www.gkvf.org/non-profit-center/.
TGKVF will contract with both in-region and national vendors to provide this technical assistance and consulting support to BBLI participants. Note that the BBLI program will include virtual, in-person, and hybrid participation options. Vendors will be selected based on: experience, qualifications, capacity, location, and cost effectiveness.
The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. These values are central to our mission and to our impact.
Contracts may include single presentations to mid-sized group (12-25) on a certain topic, small group (5- 8) coaching, and/or one-on-one mentoring. Contract size may vary depending on the depth of services; however, we anticipate most to be within the $500-5,000 range or dependent upon how many BBLI participants sign up for office hours or additional coaching following a presentation. Additional information may be required based on the scope of any given services.
Consulting and technical assistance services may include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Grantwriting and fundraising
- Setting up financial management systems
- Volunteer recruitment and retention
- Strategic planning
- Marketing and outreach, including websites and social media
- Outcome measurement and evaluation
- Specialized technology, software, and equipment
- Leadership development and coaching
- Building and engaging a board of directors
- RFQ submissions will be accepted and assessed on a rolling basis.
- Technical assistance and coaching projects will be undertaken on a rolling basis throughout the life of the program and may extend through 2023.
Agreements – if a vendor elects to respond to this RFQ, submission assumes acceptance of the following:
- TGKVF reserves the right to reject any or all of the responses to the RFQ, to waive irregularities or to cancel or modify the RFQ in any way, and at any time in its sole discretion, if determined that it is in the best interest of the BBLI program.
- TGKVF further reserves the right to make awards under this RFQ without discussion of the responses received. Responses should be submitted on the most favorable terms from a technical, qualifications, and price standpoint. TGKVF reserves the right to select vendors at its discretion.
- TGKVF’s selection of a vendor(s) through this RFQ is not an offer or guarantee of contract and TGKVF reserves the right to continue negotiations with selected vendors until the parties reach a mutual agreement.
Please respond to this RFQ if:
- You desire to provide consultation and/or technical assistance to projects in TGKVF’s six-county footprint that are participating in the BBLI program.
- You have expertise and background relevant to one or more of the technical assistance and consulting categories listed in this document.
RFQ responses should include (maximum length 3 pages):
- Cover Page: Primary Contact Name, Company Name, Address, webpage if relevant, contact information including phone and email. Also disclose any instances where you have ever been or are currently debarred, suspended, or under investigation by any federal, state, or local agency, and, if applicable, provide a detailed explanation
- Description of organization, including basic fee structure for services being requested in the RFQ
- Description of relevant expertise of services proposed to be provided to projects or organizations participating in the BBLI program. For example: financial management and accounting for nonprofits; marketing and outreach; etc.
- References or organizations where you have provided similar work
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) practices or commitment statement, if available Email complete submission in a single PDF file to Stephanie Hyre at email@example.com.