TGKVF’s long-term goal is to be a community that supports the healthy choice.
Over the next few years, we believe the Foundation can help make the biggest strides toward this long-term goal by investing our funds and leadership toward accomplishing the following medium-term objectives. To this end, TGKVF will work to:
- Increase the capacity of communities, organizations, and social entrepreneurs to develop healthy recreational opportunities and/or expand access to locally grown, healthy foods.
- Expand the amount of public greenspace, access to streams and/or bikeable/walkable paths within our community.
- Improve access to preventative, behavioral, and/or oral healthcare in marginalized communities.
To accomplish these objectives, TGKVF seeks to invest in collaborative efforts that help grow the following forms of wealth and meet the associated indicators of success.
Individual Wealth: Skills, Health, Confidence, & Income
TGKVF will measure the growth in individual wealth using the following indicators of success:
- Increase in food security by providing easier access to locally grown healthy foods
- More people having access to effective healthcare that prevents or improves chronic disease
- Increase in the number of people employed in the economic sectors of health, outdoor and recreation, and/or local food
- Increase in the number of programs that provide education on nutrition and healthy food preparation
Intellectual Wealth: Community Wide Access to Knowledge, Innovation, & Technology
TGKVF will measure the growth in intellectual wealth using the following indicators of success:
- A rise in the number of programs that improve access to and integration of behavioral health and primary care
- Increase in the accessibility to and affordability of community-based programs that provide support and education on the management of chronic disease, behavioral health and/or oral healthcare
- Increase in the number of health care providers and other relevant organizations that provide information about preventative care as it relates to healthy recreational activities, access to green space, and locally grown foods
Built Wealth: Community Infrastructure
TGKVF will measure the growth in social wealth using the following indicators of success:
- Growth in the miles of walkable/bikeable paths or trails
- A greater number of public access points to area streams and waterways
- Increase in the development of mini/pocket parks that are community-driven, accessible and safe
Natural Wealth: Resilient Natural Resources
TGKVF will measure the growth in political wealth using the following indicators of success:
- Increase in the number of new or expanded acres of greenspace
- Increase in the number of programs and/or facilities that provide trails, greenspace and stream access while managing the sites to ensure user safety