The primary roles of this position are to:
- Manage relationships and services related to a portfolio of funds.
- Support an organization-wide effort to build assets, particularly leveraging donor-advised funds and relationships with professional advisors.
- Strengthen the Foundation by connecting donors’ philanthropic missions and TGKVF’s strategic priorities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Donor Services and Stewardship
- Manage a portfolio of funds, including donor-advised, agency, and other funds. Deliver donor services consistent with Council on Foundations’ National Standards.
- Together with the Donor Relations team (CEO, CFO, Controller, Communications Director), develop and execute fundholder stewardship plans and processes that lead to deeper ties with donors to grow fundholder investment and better serve our audience. Proactively manage relationships with donors and fundholders. Utilize metrics and measurement tools to gauge progress and report to Foundation stakeholders and leadership.
- Identify opportunities to connect donors’ philanthropic goals with the Foundation’s strategic priorities for serving the community. Work with the Donor Relations team to maintain an effective and continuously improving approach to stewardship that increases fundholder engagement and grows assets based on organizational goals.
- Work with the Donor Relations team and others at the Foundation to plan and execute fundholder events that elevate the work and relationships with fundholders.
- Work with Foundation leadership to formalize the engagement and stewardship process for professional advisors.
- Identify and implement trends and best practices in donor engagement, stewardship, and management. Lead creative development and execution of stewardship initiatives related to special campaigns and projects for which TGKVF solicits external support.
- Educate donors on philanthropic sector developments.
- Build Foundation assets by actively engaging in fund development through proactive networking and bringing new clients to the organization. Develop outreach strategies to attract and serve new clientele, particularly building relationships with professional advisors who will confidently refer clients to TGKVF and individual prospects for large funds.
- Support fund development for TGKVF priority areas by creating opportunities for connections between donors’ philanthropic missions and TGKVF’s strategic priorities.
- Implement relevant areas of the strategic plan, assess results, and make adjustments as necessary.
- Maintain records relating to funds, fund representatives, and related committees. Ensure data is accurate and changes are tracked accordingly in the Foundation’s record system.
- Promote TGKVF’s visibility within the community by attending events, leveraging member networks, and representing the Foundation at various community engagements.
- Review, assess, and address all funds at the Foundation to balance the Foundation’s capacity with donors’ philanthropic goals.
- Work with Donor Relations colleagues to build capacity for delivering high-quality service for current and future fundholders by evaluating processes, systems, and technology tools.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Three to five years of experience in the nonprofit sector; Community foundation, philanthropic or related private sector experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, public policy, or related field required.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proactive spirit in building strategic relationships with new prospects.
- Excellent storytelling and communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Ability to work independently without close oversight and as a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside the organization.
- Superb interpersonal skills; easily communicate and interact with various constituent groups.
- Opportunistic; natural ability to offer solutions and think creatively, even when immersed in a new conversation or situation.
$55,000 to $64,000
Submit resumes and cover letters to Jane Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2023.